Last updated: February 17, 2022
“PII” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
PII We Collect and How We Use It
For the purpose of the Event, we may collect PII, including the following types of information:
- Information you Provide.When signing up to the Event we ask you to provide PII, including full name, email address, brand name, company name and whether you are a buyer/seller/other.
- User Communications.When you send email or other communication to the Company, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries and respond to your requests. We will send you newsletters and promotional communications. You may opt-out of this service at any time by sending an email to the following address: [https://fortunet.us5.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=edd6e788807ad4a9df1131c7b&id=868c1a3577].
Company may publish photographs from the Event, which may include your photographs on Company’s website and social media accounts.
If you are under the age of 21, you may not sign up for or participate in the Event.
We may provide your PII to the Event’s sponsors. The Company will also share PII in the following circumstances: (a) as required for the Event; (b) if we become involved in a reorganization, merger, consolidation, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of our assets, with any type of entity, whether public, private, foreign or local; and/or (c) to satisfy applicable law or prevention of fraud or harm.
Data Security and Retention
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of PII. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We keep your PII only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements.
- Right of Access and Rectification. You have the right to know what PII we collect about you and to ensure that such data is accurate and relevant for the purposes for which we collected it. We allow our users the option to access and obtain a copy of their PII and to rectify such PII if it is not accurate, complete or updated. However, we may first ask you to provide us certain credentials to permit us to identify your PII.
- Right to Delete PII or Restrict Processing. You have the right to delete your PII or restrict its processing. We may postpone or deny your request if your PII is in current use for the purposes for which it was collected or for other legitimate purposes such as compliance with legal obligations.
- Right to Withdraw Consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your PII. Exercising this right will not affect the lawfulness of processing your PII based on your consent before its withdrawal.
- Right of Data Portability. Where technically feasible, you have the right to ask to transfer your PII in accordance with your right to data portability.
You may exercise the above rights by sending a request to: [firstname.lastname@example.org].
- Right to Lodge Complaint. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority regarding the processing of your PII.
Consent to Processing
Your California Privacy Rights and Do Not Track Notices
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of Company who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of PII to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email@example.com].